Saturday, June 12, 2010

Masters of Architecture (Thesis)


FINALLY! i've reached the very end of my 5 and a half years journey of my architecture academic endeavours. I feel a sense of achievement, satisfaction, relief but also a sense of uncertainty. It would be absurd to think that 5 and a half years of architecture in uni is not draining enough. But the reason why I feel the uncertainty is that uni has been my life for the past years and all I did besides a full-time half year out working is just pretty much studying.(well and some casual and part time job here and there...)

The feeling of, 'where do you go from here?' is what is striking me now, more than ever. I mean, yeah I really need to get a job but like anyone who's been through this would know, getting a job is never easy because you want a job where you'd feel like waking up every morning and be happy to go into. I reckon, most of the employed don't actually feel that they are. So, what are we really battling with? Our 'desire' or our 'need'? It is one thing to need a job for its money but it is something else when you really desire a particular occupation. I mean, an "occupation", if you disect the word, it occupies your time and by saying that, it really takes up, well pretty much more than half your lifetime (minus sleep, makeup, shower, and all that she-bang), you'd have what? like only 2 weekend days and that's not even looking at doing grocery and all that shizz. So, I mean, if you don't enjoy your work, you're pretty much SADOCCUPIED, is the term I'd like to call it. (sad+occupied LOL =)

Just coming back to being uncertain, the reason why I feel so is because I didn't actually mind going to uni, doing research, handing in assignments (although final presentations were always nerve-wrecking) and if your hardwork is paid off by good results, it'd be a pat in the back. As opposed to work, I guess the biggest payoff would not only BE your paycheck but also the feeling of being able to enjoy your occupation. I reckon I really want to feel like these 5 and a half years of architecture course would be sufficient to score me a job I desire.

Well, so much for me rambling, I really wanted to post up my final Thesis design, which had made me quite proud of myself in that it has been a huge learning curve and I have come a long way. (LOL now you're just going to think that this project will be extraordinary and mind-blowing! haha well maybe not, I don't know, you be the judge.)



No comments: