Thursday, July 22, 2010

Broadmeadows 2032 Exhibition as part of the State of Design Festival

My work


Well, the long awaited exhibition was finally launched . The exhibition showcased a whole range of ideas by designers across the industry, from architects, landscape architects, industrial and communication designers.

The exhibition was well worth hopping on to an overly crowded and delayed train from the city to Broadmeadows and then finding the bus stop at the station to get to the Ericsson
Building, where the exhibition was held. I have to thank my 3 bestest mates for their efforts to get there with me!

The launch started with a really good Turkish food refreshment, served by the local business owners. I have to say, the baklava was to die for! I digress.

Anyways, coming back to the exhibition, it was very nicely put together by the Victorian Eco-Innovation Laboratory (VEIL) team and it was definitely great seeing wo
rks by other designers from other universities. The launch then proceeded with a string of talks by a few who's who of the VEIL team, Hume City Council, and a few architects.




I also met a couple of good friends there as well as my Studio leader, Simon Cookes. The crowd was a good size better than I would have thought and the use of the old Ericsson Building as an exhibition space was also done really well. All in all, it was a great experience. (well, mainly because my work was exhibited! )

As usual, I'll leave you with a few images to end the post.









My Posters


Wei -out-





No comments: